Thank you for supporting Tri-Valley Haven on #GivingTuesday, December 2, 2014! Your donations benefit our clients who are healing from domestic violence, sexual assault, homelessness and hunger. Together our community raised almost $2,000!
We are so grateful to have the support of a compassionate, generous community. It’s beautiful to see so many people take a stand against domestic violence, sexual assault and poverty. Your generosity impacts each and every client we serve, ensuring they have a safe place at Tri-Valley Haven when they have nowhere else safe to go.
After the kindness shown this week, imagine if every day was #GivingTuesday in our community. Imagine how much more peaceful our community would be if we dedicated ourselves to taking a stand against violence not once-a-year, but every day. Imagine how many more families in need we would be able to serve if we continued giving back in small and large ways throughout the year.
There are many ways you can continue to support Tri-Valley Haven and our clients throughout the year. If you missed #GivingTuesday this week, you can still make a donation to Tri-Valley Haven. Visit our website to learn how you can give back to vital shelter and support services for families in need.
If you participated in #GivingTuesday and want to keep this new tradition of generosity alive, here are some additional ways you can support Tri-Valley Haven and all those we serve in the upcoming year:
- Support local families through our Holiday Program. We are still accepting new toys, unopened wrapping paper and Safeway Gift Cards for local families in need through December 9th. Items can be dropped off Monday and Tuesday, December 8th and 9th from 10 am – 4 pm at our Holiday Program: Asbury Church, 4743 East Avenue in Livermore. You can view our Holiday Wish List here.
- Attend our special community events. Tri-Valley Haven hosts several special events throughout the year and you’re invited to join us! Attend our events during Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April and Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October. Sign up for our annual Pace for Peace walk/run in October. Browse our annual Holiday Craft Fair in November.
- Organize a collection drive. We are often in-need of items (such as personal hygiene products, cleaning products and gift cards) for clients staying in our domestic violence and homeless shelters. To learn about our most recent supply needs, contact our front office at 925.449.5845.
- Volunteer to make a difference. We have many volunteer opportunities for adults and teens. Volunteer at our special events, food pantry, and thrift store – or even go through our 65-hour training course to become an advocate who works directly with the families we help!
- Stay connected. Sign up for our e-newsletter by emailing Carolyn@trivalleyhaven.org. Follow our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to learn about Haven happenings and upcoming opportunities to give back to the Tri-Valley community.
We are humbled by the support we received for #GivingTuesday. Here at Tri-Valley Haven, we will continue to give back to survivors and families in need year-round.
Thank you for joining us!